The Connecticut Outreach Society (COS) is a support group for transgendered individuals and their spouses or significant others. Membership in COS is open to all crossdressers, transsexual ( both MtF and FtM ) and gender variant individuals, spouses, and significant other of legal age regardless of gender, race, creed, or sexual orientation as well as to interested medical and mental health professionals. We provide a safe place where crossdressers and transgender individuals may meet and socialize. We meet twice monthly in the Hartford area with members from all over Connecticut as well as from southern Massachusetts.
The mission of the Connecticut Outreach Society (COS) is a group whose purpose is two-fold:
- To serve the educational and supportive needs of all persons (either male or female) whose social and/or gender role differs in any degree from that role considered appropriate by society for an individual of his/her genetic sex (Transgender)
- To undertake educational activities through an Speaker's Bureau program to assist counseling professionals and the general public in comprehending such behavior
- COS is a non-sexual group. It is not a dating service nor a therapy group. Each member is responsible for his or her conduct, and is expected to behave in an appropriate manner.
- Please note that we also do not allow membership to anyone under 18 years of age or non-transgendered persons except for spouses, significant others, and those who have a professional interest in our community.
- The dress at our meetings is typically casual or business wear. Since our meetings are held in a pretty mainstream location in a quiet residential neighborhood, most of us dress to blend in. It is OK If you do not want to dress in your chosen gender for the meetings. Many first-timers show up in "birth gender" just to check us out and to make sure that they are comfortable with us.
For membership information send e-mail to
This Web site was last updated on August 1, 2011